When it comes to alternative medicines for hair loss, saw palmetto always tops the list. Saw palmetto grows abundantly in the southeastern coasts of the United States and has received dramatic attention in Western medicine. It is a dwarf palm tree that produces dark red berries which contain lipotropic extracts. The lipotropic extract is known for its antiandrogenic properties.View additional tips at this article.
Extracts from saw palmetto berries inhibit the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the main cause of androgenetic alopecia, the most common form of hair loss in men and women. Traditionally, saw palmetto has been used to serve as tonic, antiseptic, and expectorant. Also, it is also used in the management of female infertility & menstrual disturbances, relieving prostate enlargement, increasing breast tissues, improving lactation, serving as a nerve sedative, and assisting in digestion.
Saw palmetto is widely known for its striking similarity to finasteride regarding function. Finasteride is a synthetic drug used to treat benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and androgenetic alopecia or pattern baldness.
Saw palmetto is now processed as commercial drugs; if not, it is contained in some hair loss products (e.g. tablets, liquid extract, capsules, and tea)checkout latest news and information at http://myhairlosstruth.com/HairLoss/
Tips in Administering Saw Palmetto to Treat Hair Loss
1. Consult a physician as to whether saw palmetto is appropriate for you. In this way, you will also know the right dosage for you.
2. Always read the instructions on the label on how to use saw palmetto since different brands can have different dosages.
3. Take three capsules of saw palmetto every day at regular intervals. It can be taken every after your heavy meals (breakfast, lunch, supper) during the entire day for better absorption.
4. The Nutritional Supplements Health Guide recommends taking 200 mg of saw palmetto, two times a day.
5. Be sure to consult a physician first before shifting from a lower dosage to a higher dosage as a precautionary measure and to see whether it is necessary.
6. Do not use saw … Read the rest